|The Church of Reflections and revolving Christmas tree at Knott's, late 1950s|
- 1876 – The church was built as First Baptist Church of Downey and was located at Second and Church Streets in Downey. It was built of redwood.
- 1891 – A baptistry was added to the church.
- 1922 – The building was purchased by St. Marks’ Episcopal Church and moved to Fifth St. “across from the fields”
- 1953 – The church was vacated and would remain unused for a couple years.
- 1955 – Early in the year, the church was
condemned to make way for the expansion of Downey Community Hospital.
- 1955 Sept – Knott’s Berry Farm purchased the church building, along with its 1911 Estey organ and 1900 Belgian stained glass windows. Walter Knott just wanted to move the building to the Berry Farm, but building codes wouldn’t allow it. So the steeple, windows, fixtures, and perhaps a few other elements of the building were moved to Knott’s and the rest was rebuilt with new materials.
- 1955 Oct 2 – The first service was held in relocated church. The church was initially used by a Lutheran congregation, with a Rev. Foster officiating. The new name, “Church of Reflections” was announced.
- 1958 Nov – A neon cross was added to roof. Knott’s employees purchased a new stained glass window as an anniversary present for Walter and Cordelia Knott, which was placed behind the altar. The first wedding is held at the new location.
- 1976 Jan – The building was plaqued by Native Daughters of the Golden West
- 1979 Aug – Longtime pastor Rev. Claude Bunzel retired and the schedule of church services became more limited.
- 2003 Oct – The church was removed to make way for a new roller coaster. The steeple, stained glass windows and pews are moved to a site across Beach Blvd. and became part of an otherwise new (but similar) church building. The final service beside the lake was held on Oct. 5th. Services later resumed at the new location, near Independence Hall.