Thursday, September 23, 2010

Have A Great Fall

Stuntmen Gary Salisbury and John Casino dramatize the beginning of fall in this photo from Knott's Berry Farm taken in the 1970s.
.
The Wagon Camp opened in Knott's Ghost Town in 1949. It served as a venue for live performances of Western and folk music until 1974, when the stage was altered for the new Wild West Stunt Show. A version of the show is still popular today.
.
In 1980, Universal Studios Hollywood opened the Wild Wild Wild West Stunt Show -- which may or may not have actually been three times as wild as the Knott's version.
.
(And yes, today is the first day of Fall.)

2 comments:

  1. HA! Great photo and topic for the first day of fall. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved watching shows in the Wagon Camp!!! What great memories.

    ReplyDelete

Sadly, I had to shut down comments (my favorite part of the blog) thanks to endless spam. Most of my posts are linked from my FB page and/or from the Orange County California History FB group. Feel free to comment there or to email me. If I can find a more secure way to do so, I will bring back normal commenting later.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.