REDIRECT: At one time, this page was the second half of a two-part article. The pieces were combined and significantly expanded upon in April 2026 and the whole thing can now be found at https://ochistorical.blogspot.com/2010/10/spies-in-centennial-park.html
Information and photos for people interested in the history of Orange County, California.
Friday, October 22, 2010
Spies in Centennial Park
REDIRECT: At one time, this page was the second half of a two-part article. The pieces were combined and significantly expanded upon in April 2026 and the whole thing can now be found at https://ochistorical.blogspot.com/2010/10/spies-in-centennial-park.html
3 comments:
Sadly, I had to shut down comments (my favorite part of the blog) thanks to endless spam. Most of my posts are linked from my FB page and/or from the Orange County California History FB group. Feel free to comment there or to email me. If I can find a more secure way to do so, I will bring back normal commenting later.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
Great research Chris. You found much more than I thought possible.
ReplyDeleteI might have one of my friends try and hunt down the EIR for the park. There might be a history section in the report may describe the spy complex". If there were Federal or State funds involved with the development of the park, someone may have documented the structures (if the buildings were +45 yrs old)when park area was planned & graded.
Worth a look. The EIR would be at the archaeo. info center at Cal State Fullerton.
The OC Spy complex might have been a cool place to have worked back in the 1940s & 50s.
Chris. I looked back at the areal photo of the FCC site on Edinger, and just happened to notice that the bridge over the SA river (the famous Edinger dip) was under construction. I remember we kids thought it was a great shame that the 'ol dip would no longer be there because it was great fun to "jump" out bikes off the road.
ReplyDeleteWhat year did centennial Park in Santa Ana California open
ReplyDelete