Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Garden Grove H.S. '62 & Hispanic Heritage Month


Don Dobmeier stopped by today with his copy of the 1962 Argonaut - Garden Grove High School's yearbook. He wanted to show me one particular photo, but I quickly discovered that the book was chock-full of great stuff. I'm posting a couple advertisements from its pages tonight, and will post more images from it soon.
.
I can totally relate to the photo at Bob's Big Boy, as I've posed for similar shots many times. But I can't remember ever attending high school parties in bomb shelters. Doesn't it look like they're having a FANTASTIC time? Clearly, they are "funnin'" as they have never funned before.
.
Speaking of high school memories, Laguna Beach High School is celebrating its 75th annual homecoming. Yes, they'll be doing all the usual homecoming stuff. I guess there's no sense messing with tradition at this late date.
.
On an unrelated note, I've been meaning to mention the Register's recent Hispanic Heritage Month series. They're printing family histories sent in by their readers, including Mary Garcia (author of Santa Ana's Logan Barrio) and Judge Frederick Aguirre. To see the whole series, visit the Latino Life section of the Register's website. And check back again later, because they keep adding more.

1 comment:

ItsNotAPlace said...

sure looks like a lot of funnin' going on.