Sunday, June 27, 2010

Izaak Walton League, Orange Chapter

Today I'm posting a few more photos from the cabin/clubhouse of the Izaak Walton League's Orange Chapter. The cabin is located at 1714 W. Santa Clara Ave., in Santa Ana. I have no solid information on these photos. I just photographed photos that were hanging on the walls there. The one above was clearly taken inside the cabin -- probably in the 1950s.
The photo above shows the groundbreaking for one of a couple additions that have been made to the cabin over the decades. It appears to be sometime in the 1960s.
.
The photo below shows some of the members with their catches at Newport Harbor on August 11, 1947. They've just gotten off the Lorna Pat or the Lorna Pat II, day fishing boats that were operated by J.H. "Bert" Mills. I'm admiring how empty the San Joaquin Hills are in the distance behind them.
Sorry I don't have more information on these, but I thought they were interesting and wanted to share them.

No comments: