Monday, March 08, 2010

Orange, Seal Beach, and historical preservation

Today's photo shows the Plaza in Orange. I have little additional information about it, since I took it off a flyer that was recently handed to me. Comparing it to other photos I have, I'm going to guess this was taken sometime around the 1890s. I'm sure some of you Orange folk will be able to tell us more in the "comments" section below..
.
Do you own an old building? A seminar on "Financial Incentives for Historic Preservation" will be held this Thurs., March 11, 2010, 6:30-8:30 p.m., at First Presbyterian Church of Orange, 191 N. Orange St. Topics include the Federal Historic Preservation Tax Incentive program, and the Mills Act Historic Property Contract Program. Speakers include Dan Ryan (Historic Preservation Planner for the City of Orange), Matt Dillhoefer (Historic Preservation Consultant), Lambert Giessinger (Historic Preservation Architect), and Dan Reardon (from Trust for Architectural Easements). To RSVP, call 888-831-2107 or send email to easements@architecturaltrust.org.
.
Afraid I won't be there myself. I'll be at the Orange County Historical Society meeting that night. More on that later.
.
The Red Car Museum at Electric Ave. and Main St. in Seal Beach is open the second and fourth Saturdays of each month, Noon to 3pm. It will next be open this Saturday, March 13.
.
The Orange Community Historical Society will also offer a walking tour this Saturday, 10:00-11:30am. This is a recurring event, held on the second Saturday of each month. The tour will begin at the Orange Main Library & History Center, 407 E. Chapman Ave.

No comments: