Thursday, July 29, 2010

Orange, Carey Baughman, and Escape from L.A.

Today's image is a view up N. Glassell St. in Downtown Orange. It comes from a postcard in Tom Pulley's collection that was postmarked 1940.
.
Carey Baughman, the Education & Programs Coordinator at the Old Courthouse Museum is transferring to Heritage Hill historical park in El Toro starting tomorrow. She'll be the new Historic Resources person down there. It's a step up for her, I think, but it's the Old Courthouse's loss. We wish her all the best.
.
This Sunday, Aug. 1, will be the 121st birthday of the County of Orange. What are you doing to celebrate our escape from the clutches of Los Angeles?

3 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

Ooooh, thank you so much for lthis photo! I can't tell you how many times I've walked up and down that street, wondering what it must have been like in the 30's and
40's. Now I know!!! It's awesome! I swear, I was born too late.

Carey B said...

Thanks for the nice comments, Chris! I'm going to miss you guys!

doug mcintosh said...

I escaped to Tulare County. Sorry to say the OC has change way too much in the last 121 years. There are still 1000s of acres of oranges in the central valley and there is actually a break between towns and cities. Kind of like the old Orange County 70 years ago. However, I am thankful for my O.C. roots and heritage.
Enjoy the celebration.