Sunday, March 23, 2008
This is a rare image of a statue of Jesus by Claude Bell, based on Paul von Kleiben's painting of "The Transfiguration of Christ." The painting, and its accompanying audio-visual show elements, opened as a Knott's Berry Farm attraction in 1941. After retiring from Knott's, Claude Bell moved to Cabazon and built two enormous dinosaur-shaped buildings that still stand vigil over the highway.
Posted by Chris Jepsen at 3/23/2008