Today's post rounds out our series on changing Orange County street names. I'm sure it won't be the last you'll hear on the topic, but the bulk of the information is either here or is linked from here. So, for your reference and amusement, here's another list:
- Alameda (Orange) is now Hewes St.
- Bay Blvd (Seal Beach) is now Seal Beach Blvd.
- Brea Canyon Rd (Fullerton) is now Brea Blvd.
- Bryant (Garden Grove) is now Orangewood Ave.
- Cypress Ave. is now State College Blvd.
- Hansen is now Knott
- Hiatt (La Habra), Nicolas (Fullerton), and Verano are now Euclid Ave.
- Huntington (Garden Grove) is now Nelson St.
- Miller (Buena Park) is now Valley View St.
- Oak St (Westminster) is now Hoover St.
- Old Newport Rd., Berrydale and Greenville St are now Fairview St.
- Palisades Rd. is now Bristol St.
- Pioneer (east of State College) is now Yorba Linda Blvd.
- South Main Extension is now MacArthur Blvd.
- Sugar St and (the old) Fairview St are now McFadden Ave.
- Taylor is now Lakeview Ave (south of Orangethorpe)
- Villa Park Rd and Vista (in the City of Orange) are now Katella Ave.